The David Aplin Group is collaborating with one of their most valued clients to assist them in recruiting a Vice President to their Ultra-High Net Worth team! Our client is one of the fastest-growing wealth advisor companies in the country and takes pride in being an independent firm that always puts the best interests of our clients first.
If you value your independence to be objective and impartial in making wealth planning recommendations and are entrepreneurial-minded, we would like to connect. Please submit your resume in both French and English.
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President, Advanced Wealth Planning, the High-Net-Worth Wealth Consultant/Vice-President is responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of comprehensive wealth plans, memorandums, and goals-based reporting for high-net-worth clients. Leveraging their significant industry knowledge and experience providing comprehensive wealth solutions to HNW clients, the High-Net-Worth Wealth Consultant / Vice-President - Quebec will play an integral role in business development and will provide value-added services to Quebec Advisory teams and their successful business owners, incorporated professionals, and other HNW clients.
- Cultivate client relationships by meeting with existing and potential clients and completing in-depth fact-finding as it pertains to their complex and diverse advanced wealth planning needs or concerns
- Proactively maintain current and in-depth knowledge of all areas of the wealth planning process, including financial, investment, education, insurance and risk management, retirement, tax, and wealth transfer planning
- Drive the HNW wealth planning process and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance the HNW client experience in Quebec
- Coordinate the preparation of an introductory package with an engagement letter, document request and Wealth Questionnaire. Coordinate with the client’s existing tax and legal professionals on behalf of the client for required documents
- Manage the various HNW wealth planning deliverables through the process
- Review HNW wealth planning deliverables and/or client goals-based reporting relating to specific income tax and wealth transfer topics raised by Quebec clients or the Advisory teams
- Identify outside assets and referral/Centers of Influence opportunities
- Work in collaboration with Advanced Wealth Planning peers in training and education initiatives with Advisory teams on income tax and wealth transfer matters and highlighting additional Quebec considerations
- Develop and maintain relationships with Centers of Influence for Quebec Advisory teams and their clients
- Collaborate and work closely with the client's other professional advisors in the spirit of delivering a holistic experience
- Recognize and foster HNW intergenerational wealth management amongst Advisory teams and their clients.
- Develop and present seminars for Quebec Advisory teams and their clients on a variety of HNW income tax and wealth transfer planning topics
The Ideal Candidate:
- A professional accounting or notary designation
- Completion of the CPA In-depth tax course, or a master’s in taxation or equivalent is an asset
- Minimum of 10 years experience in income tax and wealth transfer planning in Quebec
- FEA, TEP, Pl. Fin., CFP, or CLU designations would be an asset
- Fulfill continuing education requirements
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a national team whose members have varied backgrounds and industry experience
- Experience in working with HNW clients, business owners, and foreign assets
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism that allows clients to feel comfortable discussing personal, confidential information
- Strong presentational skills
- Desire to keep up to date with Quebec and Canada’s overall economic and financial environment, current events and trends and changes to legislation as it relates to income tax and wealth transfer planning
- An entrepreneurial spirit to participate in continued growth, and a desire to continuously exceed our HNW client expectations
Conditions of employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Must be fully bilingual (oral and written) in both French and English
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, may be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Angela Degelman, Senior Managing Consultant, Accounting & Finance. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. #LI-DNP #IND-DNP
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.