Join a top employer and advance your career. David Aplin Group has partnered with a Logan Lake, British Columbia-based company to hire
an experienced Superintendent, Mill Operations on a full-time permanent basis. They offer a competitive base salary plus bonuses and other incentives. Also, offer a full relocation bonus!
Reporting to the Manager Processing, the Superintendent Operations will direct the Operations group and work interactively with the other department heads. The role is accountable for the operation of the crushing, grinding, floatation, leaching, filtering, concentrate handling, tailings disposal, and water reclaim systems for the Mill to meet operation targets for safety, productivity, and cost-effectiveness
- Promote a work environment that supports safe and efficient behavior on the job and an awareness of and compliance with environmental, safety, engineering, and Mines Act requirements
- Optimize the factors affecting tonnage, recovery, and cost to safely produce the targeted pounds of copper and molybdenum as per the production plan
- Lead the activities of the Process Plant Operations team to drive improvement in safety standards, to attain maximized production in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Review results and operating conditions and make changes that would improve plant performance and output.
- Develop budgets and maintains operating costs within budget.
- Actively support the career development of the Mill Operations team members appropriately
- Ensure the cost-effectiveness of mill operations activities and support the cost-effectiveness of mill operations by the optimum selection and allocation of personnel, equipment, and consumables, identification and implementation of cost-saving opportunities, and application of technology to improve all operations’ activities
- Organize work, personnel, and equipment to achieve mill operations objectives and meet group expectations
- Work with representatives from the Mill Technical, Mill Maintenance, Mine Operations, and Mine Engineering departments to ensure that ore throughput, grades, recoveries, and product qualities are managed such that overall site production targets are met
- Support the site in maintaining a credible management profile by achieving production objectives and project completion in a timely and cost-effective manner, and communicating key changes and events to appropriate personnel in a timely fashion
- Participate in the development of departmental budgets and plans, monitoring and control of compliance, and accountability for plan variances
- Have considerable experience in operating departments of base metal concentrators including working with technical groups
- Have a minimum of 10 years of progressively senior-level experience, preferably in a unionized mining environment
- A degree in Engineering or Metallurgy would be considered an advantage
- A combined management or superintendent level experience in the mining industry of construction, commissioning, and operational phases of large-scale processing plant
- Proven team player with the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Proven track record of holding individuals accountable to commitments
- Demonstrate critical thinking competencies including judgment and analytical thinking
- Proven and exemplary leadership and supervisory skills Knowledge and experience working with Aboriginal and/or Indigenous peoples
- Knowledge and experience working with Aboriginal and/or Indigenous peoples
Job ID: 9S920097422
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com