Site Reliability Specialist
Posted Date: 02/03/2022
Job ID: 9D19776132
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a talented Site Reliability Specialist on a 3-year contract based in Ottawa, Ontario.
We are looking for a passionate individual to help ensure security, availability, reliability, scalability, and high performance for the organization’s applications and products. The successful incumbent will work with other application and operational experts to ensure the highest level of availability and reliability.
- Pro-actively monitor log feeds/flows/alerts for data interruptions and server health
- Perform the administration of monitoring platforms and related infrastructure working with IT specialists in cyber, network, storage, security, virtual infrastructure, platform, and database to deliver their logging requirements
- Work with product/project/client teams to refine monitoring dashboard
- Monitor performance of systems and service agreements to ensure that ongoing service-delivery standards, service levels, and IT policies are met
- Assess and refine current logs and whenever possible consider fine-tuning or exploring opportunities for automation
- Create and update management packs, scripts
- Support migration of data sources & log traffic
- Other related activities and deliverables as required
The Ideal Candidate:
- University Degree or college diploma in an IT-related field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with Log Management/Monitoring
- Demonstrated knowledge of SCOM (2012 R2, 2016, 1807) vendor Management packs
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated Splunk & Syslog-NG experience
- Demonstrated experience with SCOM Report Customization and SQL Report Server administration
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated Log management, service, network, and application monitoring experience
- Windows/Linux Basic Operations around the file system, and basic admin level
- Proficiency with testing and managing high availability environments with the performance of disaster recovery tests on a regular basis
- Understanding of load testing, monitoring, and performance management tools for every layer of the environment
- Understanding of SolarWinds
- Ability to use scripting languages such as Bash or Python, specifically for systems automation
- The ability to acquire a Secret Security Clearance is required
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to David Newark, Consultant, Information Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.