Senior Web Developer
Posted Date: 09/02/2022
Job ID: 9C86044029
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a Senior Web Developer based in Toronto, Ontario.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the portfolio of applications we utilize, along with their respective strengths and weaknesses, to provide solutions to existing and future challenges
- Assist in the design of software components to enhance our portfolio
- Construct design documents and documentation to aid in maintenance and code reuse
- Through your knowledge of industry trends and tools, together with your own experiences, work with the team to improve our software, our environment, and our process
- Provide guidance and direction to the development teams to tear down obstacles and keep initiatives on target and moving forward
- Coach and mentor junior developers
- Translate project goals and product roadmaps into organized technical tasks
- Organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects and multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Provide technical guidance and support in resolving critical issues
- Offer your input and expertise to technical and non-technical audiences
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ideally, you have experience in some of:
- Single Page Applications
- ES6, webpack, babel
- Node.js, Next.js, express
- React, redux, redux-thunk
- SCSS, BEM
- Docker, Kubernetes
- CI/CD experience (GitLab IC)
- You are opinionated about what it takes to produce great software but remain receptive to other's ideas
- You care about ownership. You proactively seek out bugs and fix them. Occasionally, when bugs find you, you don't sweep them under the rug
- You are experienced with software estimation, often confronted with complexity and uncertainty
- You make decisions based on data. You are versed with tools to measure every aspect of the application
- You have developed large applications in a team environment
- You are not afraid of changes. Armed with excellent refactoring techniques, you work effectively with legacy code
- You are a good communicator. You are able to present complicated solutions to a non-technical audience in a simple and logical way
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Chrys Platsis, Team Lead, Information Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.