Senior Payroll Administrator
Posted Date: 01/03/2022
Job ID: 9D306149223
Accounting & Finance
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client in the aerospace industry to recruit for a Senior Payroll Administrator. This role will begin as a 6-month contract with high possibility for extension.
This is an exciting opportunity based out of Kanata with hybrid capabilities and competitive pay!
- Process bi-weekly on-cycle payroll
- Process off-cycle checks as necessary
- Maintain payroll system such as deductions and banking details as required
- Respond to employee questions
- Review expat shadow payroll calculations and remit source deduction and employer amounts on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with HR on special payments such as incentive pay, stock options, termination payouts
- Responsible for ROE reporting
- Reconcile various accounts
- Responsible for Nova Scotia payroll rebate calculations and supervise the annual audit and submit reports to Nova Scotia government
- Responsible for year-end T4 and RL1 preparation and reconciliation of reports for EHT and workers compensation
- Lead or participate in other projects as needed
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 8 (eight) years’ experience with multi-province and both unionized and non-unionized payroll
- Successful completion of Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation (PCP)
- Experience with SAP Finance and HR/payroll system and/or Peoplesoft payroll
- Strong Canadian payroll tax knowledge
- Strong payroll processing experience across provinces of Canada
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Detail oriented, accurate and the ability to work independently to deadlines
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Chandan Brar, Recruiter. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.