Our client is seeking a Senior Labour Relations Advisor who brings an in-depth knowledge of strategic advising, collective bargaining, grievance resolutions, arbitration, mediation, and negotiations.
As a trusted member of the Labour Relations team, you are responsible for interpreting, administering, and negotiating collective agreements, and for contributing to the development and implementation of LR strategies.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Labour Relations, you build relationships with and provide expert advice and guidance to senior business leaders and the HR Team regarding complex workplace issues, applicable legislation, and the interpretation, application, administration, and negotiation of collective agreements. Using superior communication, research, and analytical skills, you will manage LR issues and the relationship with the unions.
Perks & Benefits:
- Compensation: 100-110K base + bonus
- Provide LR guidance and advice to key stakeholders at the management level
- Promote and maintain constructive and positive relationships with the unions
- Represent management in the administration of collective agreements, including interpretation, grievances, and arbitration
- Ensure that grievance activity is monitored, participate in the assessment of cases considered for reference to arbitration, and participate in the development of positions in such cases
- Develop, recommend, and implement guidelines for collective agreement interpretation and administration to ensure consistency across the organization in accordance with LR strategy
- Participate in collective bargaining
- Monitor the LR environment (e.g., legislation; judicial, regulatory, and administrative board decisions), and analyze collective agreements in order to keep abreast of current issues and practices
- Combination of education and experience equivalent to 5-7 years of in-depth knowledge and experience in the LR field accompanied by a post-secondary degree in Business, Law, Human Resources, or Industrial/Labor Relations
- Demonstrated ability to assess and analyze operational, business, and human resources management issues and objectives, as well as labor/union strategies
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in LR
- Ability to build strong and positive relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to negotiate resolutions, potentially in confrontational environments, as well as handle more subtle, informal interactions
- Creativity to solve problems, resolve disputes, and structure agreements to the satisfaction of both management and unions
- Ability to effectively handle a demanding workload
Job ID: 9P8151969
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today or send your resume in confidence directly to Trish O’Quinn, Senior Consultant. We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com