Senior Environmental Assessment Specialist
Posted Date: 01/03/2022
Job ID: 9S89431031
Engineering & Technical
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client, a consulting firm located in Ontario, to recruit for an experienced Environmental Assessment Specialist - Nuclear Projects. This a remote opportunity.
In this role you will rely on your demonstrated experience navigating EA requirements, environmental permitting, and related authorization processes relevant to nuclear projects in Canada. You will be a key member of a supportive team and serve a variety of clients and projects. You will delegate tasks and provide mentorship and training to junior/intermediate personnel. You will also help develop the team’s business.
- You will direct the environmental planning for multi-disciplinary nuclear and energy projects, including environmental impact assessments and related studies
- You will guide the preparation of regulatory roadmaps, environmental permit applications, and the implementation of environmental monitoring programs
- You will undertake quality reviews of project deliverables, including environmental assessments and technical documents that support regulatory approvals
- You will offer technical leadership to the team, providing strategic advice and oversight, and using strong project management skills to deliver high-quality products and services to our clients
- You will consult with regulators and clients, and oversee innovative programs that engage Indigenous communities and project stakeholders
- You will contribute to the growth of the team by developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key clients, identifying new project opportunities, and supporting proposals for the team
- You will support the team’s workload and resource planning, and work with your colleagues to develop the team’s business development and marketing strategies
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in environmental studies, environmental science, environmental engineering, or a related discipline
- Around 10 years’ experience conducting and managing environmental impact assessments, with a focus on nuclear and energy projects
- Experience completing assessments under the federal Impact Assessment Act and the Nuclear Safety and Control Act, and associated Regulatory Documents (RegDocs) and CSA standards
- Existing relationship with the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) and nuclear clients
- Experience in the design and delivery of stakeholder and Indigenous engagement programs, including the use of innovative virtual engagement tools
- Experience managing complex projects and multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience with business development and building client relationships
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Sushant Shah, Division Lead – Engineering, Supply Chain, Technical & Operations. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com. #LI-DNP #IND-DNP