Senior Electrical Engineering Specialist (Generators)
Posted Date: 05/03/2022
Job ID: VF66050334
Engineering & Technical
Our client, focused on sustainable power generation and holding renewable assets with a generation capacity of over 4000 MW, is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer Specialist (Generators) to provide technical expertise and complete all Owner Engineer (EO) responsibilities for generators, excitation systems, and associated equipment.
Perks & Benefits:
- Highly flexible benefits and wellbeing program.
- Comprehensive onboarding and training.
- Various development opportunities to support your success and personal growth
- Periodic travel for project and plant maintenance support across North America.
- Serving as subject matter expert and providing comprehensive technical expertise on the design, construction, maintenance, and reliability of our generator fleet and associated equipment (i.e., Excitation systems, protective relaying, etc.).
- Mitigating generator failures by developing a generating unit reliability program that emphasizes proactive maintenance techniques.
- Developing and maintaining asset health dashboard/scorecard.
- Specifying, facilitating, and reviewing NERC testing and equipment inspections and reports.
- Providing generator testing and turnaround recommendations to the Plant Managers.
- Analyzing condition monitoring data and making improvement recommendations as required.
- Drafting and reviewing equipment specifications, operational issue requests, assessments, repair plans, maintenance, and RCAs.
- Supporting Business Development due diligence review of generating assets during acquisition and major project processes.
- Scoping and providing recommendations on generator equipment supply and design requirements.
- Managing, executing, and communicating relevant industry best practices including technical service bulletins, new technologies, and new maintenance techniques.
- Developing generating unit long-term and capital planning upgrade strategy.
- Developing and maintaining effective and respectful relationships with Plant Managers, staff, vendors, and project stakeholders.
- Providing leadership, mentoring, and guidance to co-op students, engineers-in-training (EITs), and internal engineers.
- Working cooperatively with other members of the engineering department and plant operations to meet business unit and corporate objectives.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Alberta.
- Ability to be registered as a Professional Engineering in other Canadian jurisdictions.
- 10+ years as a Professional Electrical Engineer with Power Generation experience.
- Comprehensive Electrical Engineering experience with a background in generators, excitation systems, protective relaying and associated equipment.
- Expert understanding of electrical engineering principles.
- Maintenance, reliability, design, construction, and commissioning experience.
- Project and contract management experience.
- Strong communication skills (written; verbal).
- Familiarity with CMMS, EDMS, and SharePoint.
In order to be considered for this role, you must be legally eligible to work in Canada. As this is a safety-sensitive position, clearance of a pre-employment drug & alcohol test is required. The successful candidate for this position will undergo an education verification, reference checks, and criminal record check.
Job ID: VF66050334
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com