If you are a talented and experienced Senior Director for Strategy and Execution, Gezamin Manuel, Recruitment Consultant at David Aplin Group has the right opportunity for you! Our client, a leader in innovation and supply chain solutions, has partnered with David Aplin Group.
This key role reports directly to the Senior Vice President & CTO and is responsible for defining and enabling the enterprise, operational, and cultural components that continue to drive their EPMO transformation.
The Senior Director for Strategy and Execution is responsible for various methods and practices around provisioning capabilities into the business, as well as improving the overall PM maturity across the organization. As part of this undertaking, the Senior Director for Strategy and Execution will help define and build the PMO strategies and then work with all levels of the organization to affect positive, sustainable change.
As a natural servant leader, this role will develop and support a learning organization model through mentorship and coaching, encouraging training and continuous improvement throughout. The Senior Director for Strategy and Execution embodies and enables an agile culture, fosters Communities of Practice, provides community engagement opportunities, and offers career development guidance.
With experience in metric-driven delivery and lean methodologies, he/ she will be required to build the best-in-class delivery assurance required at the enterprise level. The Senior Director for Strategy and Execution is responsible for supporting and enabling the organization’s portfolios, products, programs, and structured work efforts.
The Senior Director for Strategy and Execution, through collaboration with peers, will drive the execution of the strategy. Supporting the implementation and management of productivity tools to measurably improve performance. As a senior leader within the company, this role is not static and will integrate constantly changing dynamics into an evolving enterprise methodology and delivery practice. This role must combine strong delivery and lean process experience, and a proven track record of transforming large-scale delivery from traditional methodologies to agile and beyond.
The Senior Director for Strategy and Execution ensures that the work of the EPMO adds value, is relevant to the strategy of the organization, and meets the goals set for the EPMO by executive management. He/ She will balance agility with the need for formal risk management approaches through formal processes.
- Leads, among the EPMO stakeholders and organizational leadership, a consensus around the strategic vision, associated missions, and the role of the EPMO to foster a product-oriented culture and mindset
- Leads the identification and development of EPMO roles, team configuration, and recruitment appropriate to deliver the agreed-upon EPMO goals and objectives
- Accountable for the consistency of the company’s operating methodology and associated processes
Enterprise Performance & Lean Governance
- Assess enterprise or portfolio performance, using metrics and reporting. Supporting the organization's progression towards a value-based operating model.
- Assure strategic alignment through prioritization, resource capacity management, key result tracking, investment budget planning, and allocation, and program management to achieve the strategic vision
- Manage and optimizes the flow of value through the organization
- Foster collaboration between teams, product managers, portfolio owners, and invested stakeholders
- Track and communicates key organization metrics
- Escalate and tracks organizational impediments, removing them where possible without causing detriment
- Facilitate relentless improvement for the organization
- Apply a pragmatic risk management stance to design and rollout processes and controls to meet technology needs
- Indirect oversight of product portfolios providing a balance between products and other non-agile initiatives
- Ensure alignment to the cross-departmental roadmaps, create a collective plan to manage dependencies
- Participate in Portfolio and Program Management process improvement
- Create a strong focus on measuring the impact of the work being delivered
- Ensure that the organization has the right level of visibility of current and upcoming work
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience of progressive experience in strategic planning, business development, or related field
- Minimum 10 years of progressive leadership responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying a formalized strategic planning and management system
- A demonstrated track record leading successful, large-scale business transformation efforts including new technology implementation, process design, and workforce change
- Experience leading strategy, portfolio, and budget planning, and project execution process improvement
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with one or more agile or lean methodologies (Lean, Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, FinOps, SAFe)
- Program management skills and experience, plus significant knowledge of productivity tools with evidence of practical application (which is highly desirable)
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the strategic vision, and inspire and motivate staff
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources are often not in direct control of this role
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic resource plan
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong executive presence
- A strong facilitator with experience engaging teams in a collaborative, distributed environment
- Listens and supports people in problem identification and decision-making, creating an environment of mutual influence
- Empathizes with others and encourages the personal development of teams
- Persuades rather than using authority
- Applies systems thinking
- Focuses on the ‘why’ as much as the ‘what’ and the ‘how'
This is a senior-level position with frequent reporting to the company board.
The Senior Director for Strategy and Execution must demonstrate a high level of proficiency in all the required competencies:
- Building Relationships
- Strategic Technology Planning
- Business Acumen and Enterprise Knowledge
- Change Advocate
- Influencing Others
- Results Orientation
Currently, hybrid work model includes 2-3 days of working from the office, with the ability to work remotely for the rest of the week.
Job ID: 9M606576422
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com