David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit for a Regional Manager, Director of Construction based in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Our client is expanding their business and opening its doors in Winnipeg. This newly created leadership role will be able to put their own stamp on this business, with the assistance of head office in another province. This business is already in operation throughout Manitoba and within Winnipeg.
Reporting into the Owner, the Regional Director will be responsible for informing, supporting and implementing the strategy to grow and enhance our operational capabilities within the organization. These responsibilities include leading a profitable project profile, while attaining goals related to Safety, Quality, Talent, and Growth.
- Develop and implement a strategy to grow and enhance the company
- Develops effective working relationships with clients to deliver world class construction solutions, drive repeat or new business and ensure issues/ conflicts are resolved
- Review and assure work proposals and final submissions on identified priority projects
- Responsible for overseeing and managing planning and scheduling on all projects to ensure that projects are constructed in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner
- Ensure all projects are adequately staffed with the appropriate resources
- Accountable for the development and execution of the annual budget
- Responsible for the hiring, developing, and retaining the strongest talent within the industry, Responsible to ensure strong people practices are followed and turnover is low
- Actively participate in Project and/or Risk Review meetings to ensure relevant issues are identified and resolved
- Continuously monitor the organizational structures within the group to ensure optimal performance and delivery of results
- Assist in the establishment and ensure compliance of operational short-term and long-term goals which are aligned to overall corporate objectives
- Communicate with employees about the company plans and progress and drive performance toward agreed upon expectations
- Accountable for monitoring strong project controls practices within the company and ensuring operational performance issues are proactively managed and mitigated
- Works closely with finance and operational management teams to review forecasting metrics, manage cash flow, working capital, and other critical financial metrics regularly. Anticipates and mitigates issues
- Works to develop new business within existing markets. Collaborates with internal operational teams to maximize multi-disciplinary construction opportunities
- Ensures high quality standards are in place in all operations
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in Sub contractor Construction in a related industry.
- Engineering (or related) post-secondary Degree or diploma
- Knowledge of building envelope Industry
- Experience managing a P&L center and building strong teams
- Experience in large, complex, and diverse operating environments. Ability to demonstrate strong personal performance and ability to oversee complex project execution
- Experience in negotiation and demonstrated strong dispute resolution skills
- Experience effectively leading complex, multi-facet teams
- Experience developing new business with demonstrated growth in new or existing markets
- Experience with complex legal concepts related to construction contract law
- Demonstrated success working government stakeholders at every level
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Leanne Bonnar, Partner, Engineering & Technical. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.