David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a Project Manager, Bids, for their growing operations. Reporting to the Director, Design & Construction, this position will be responsible for leading and delivering complex P3 and alternative delivery project Proposals.
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, the Project Manager will oversee the bid management process for new and upcoming projects, as well as project setup and delivery for existing projects. This includes assisting in the preparation of bid submission, Alternative Delivery (P3), Design/Build Contracts, negotiations, and the selection of project participants.
The Project Manager will contribute to evaluating key design firms, partnering & sub-contract packages, and the continual monitoring of information between consultants and key project stakeholders. This role is involved in the full scope of project phases from inception to final completion and handover.
- Lead development of RFQs and RFPs from start to finish
- Work closely with the proposal team including partnering companies. Provide support during the proposal phases with pricing, planning, staging, design, scheduling, and risk assessment
- Conduct field investigation for bid development
- Manage bidding/estimating process with the support of internal business units as well as subcontractors
- Review and write technical proposals
- Establish commercial obligations, MOU, subcontracts, agreements
- Source out new projects and potential partners for large projects
- Participate in the execution of P3 and DB projects in support roles such as planning, scheduling, operations, and owner interaction
- Assist in the negotiation of project design fees, the scope of work, terms, and conditions
- Select specialist subcontractors or other organizations that will help complete the project or the work
- Lead the design team in value management and engineering exercises
- Determine, define, and monitor design schedules and deliverables
- Assist with the implementation of design review cycles during proposal development and design development
- Review the design to ensure compliance with customer requirements, achieving regulatory and legislative requirements, economic feasibility, and constructability of project design
- Conduct financial, technical, and operational risk assessments and advise on risks, opportunities, and potential hazards
- Chair project-related meetings, write reports, and give presentations
- Monitor and review design consultant performance, including providing design performance evaluations and recommendations on company-related design assignments
- Undergraduate Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University and Registered Professional Engineer Designation preferred
- Minimum 10 years of related experience with major transportation infrastructure including highways, bridges, transit, etc.
- Experience with P3 projects and/or other alternative project delivery models is preferred
- Strong MS Office skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and experience with scheduling software like Primavera
- A goal-oriented self-starter with the ability to work on multiple projects of varying complexity with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel throughout Canada, specifically focused on the GTA for meetings with various stakeholders
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication, presentation, relationship-building, and leadership skills
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Gezamin Manuel, Recruitment Consultant, Engineering & Technical. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com