Posted Date: 07/02/2022
Job ID: 9A214926416
Accounting & Finance
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to assist them in recruiting a senior-level partner to assist them in growing their dynamic and successful business throughout the Prairie Provinces.
Our client serves a niche market with customized financial products designed to be leveraged to meet the planning needs of owners of privately held mid-to-large-sized Canadian businesses. They are experiencing extremely rapid growth and are looking for driven, personable, detail-oriented people with excellent analytical and communication skills to take on a senior underwriting position within the company, and quickly advance their career
The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for the following:
- Building sustainable business by targeting high-quality clients and producing high-quality work.
- Maintaining a focus on growth - developing and expanding the firm’s client base and level of business.
- Participating in the building of marketing visions and strategies to attract potential clients
- Participating in activities focused on building the firm’s brand, reputation, and profile such as speaking engagements, authoring articles, and other activities as defined.
- Performing an ambassadorial role to assist in the building of networks and profiles.
Client Relationship Management
- Nurturing and growing our client base both in the number of clients and amount of business per client.
- Fulfilling the on-going requirement to deliver excellent service to clients in the context of their particular needs.
- Working with the in-house team to produce new solutions which create value to the clients.
- Effectively building, developing, and maintaining strong client relationships.
People Management, Leadership and Team/Skills Development
- Setting the right leadership example both to his or her own department and to other members of the firm by:
- Achieving and showing cooperation with other team members.
- Setting the right example throughout the firm in terms of work ethic, personal conduct, and crisis management.
- Developing the profile of the firm’s people, their skills, abilities and strengths/weaknesses in depth and skills.
- Understanding the necessity of getting things done through others.
- Constantly working at communicating, delegating, negotiating, resolving conflict, persuading, using/responding to authority/power.
- Harnessing the power of the firm by creating, organising, and energising powerful teams including the extent to which individuals within teams are encouraged to push the boundaries of their own team roles.
- Developing and assisting people by coaching, mentoring, counselling, and developing them in any of the following disciplines – law, marketing, sales, finances, career, work-life balance, and networking
- Contributing creatively to the strategic planning of the firm and its implementation.
- Contributing to the building of the firm’s Intellectual Property including precedents, templates, case management and workflows.
- Assisting in the development of leading-edge Knowledge Management and high-level technical know-how
- Actively helping build and follow the firm’s processes and systems which contribute to the firm’s ability to grow its business including quality control/improvement, governance, and management structure.
Self-Development and Self-Leadership
- Evidencing continued development and commitment to developing competence and skills and challenging oneself to expand personal comfort zones.
- Acquiring new expertise and skills valuable to the firm.
- As a role model, demonstrating confidence and self-belief, consistently acting with integrity, and naturally trusted by others.
- Providing an example of being self-initiating, self-starting, self-learning, committed and engaged.
- Displaying the ability to pursue goals with a deep sense of purpose and direction.
Financial and Business Performance
- For the Team/Department/Division for which he or she is responsible:
- Achieving superior financial performance.
- Maintaining good financial discipline.
- Working hard and demonstrating long-term engagement and commitment.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Background in Estate and Tax planning for the Ultra High Net Worth market
- 5-10 years in a professional service firm at a minimum level of Associate Partner, or in a Financial Institution at a Senior Client Facing level in the area(s) of Tax and Estate Planning
- Key attributes:
- High drive and achievement orientation
- Deeply motivated to help clients
- History of managing and growing a book of business
- History of managing, developing, and motivating teams
- Thirst for knowledge and ongoing development
- Loyal and dedicated to the success of the organization
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Angela Degelman, Senior Managing Consultant, Accounting & Finance. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.