Posted Date: 15/02/2022
Job ID: 9D858309215
Accounting & Finance
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client in the aerospace industry to recruit for a Payroll Administrator. This role will begin as a 6-month contract with a high possibility for extension.
- Follow up timesheets on a weekly basis to ensure completeness and approvals
- Process bi-weekly Canadian payroll for both non-union and unionized employees in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Company policies and government legislation
- Ensure terminations are processed accurately and Records of Employment are issued
- Post payroll entries and third party remittances to the general ledger bi-weekly and prepare and post journal entries when required
- Prepare and remit source deductions to CRA and Revenue Quebec according to the applicable due dates
- Ensure other amounts including Employer Health Tax (EHT) and Workers Compensation are remitted to meet deadlines
- Prepare reconciliations on a monthly basis for payroll general ledger accounts
- Prepare Vacation and Banked Overtime report on a monthly basis
- Complete Statistics Canada report for Nova Scotia employees monthly
- Responsible for all year-end tasks such as the reconciliation and issuance of T4 and RL1 slips/summaries and other reports for EHT and Workers Compensation Boards in each province
- Assist in the specifications and testing of system fixes and enhancements in SAP and Peoplesoft to ensure the system is producing accurate payroll for all employees
- Answer queries from employees and outside agencies regarding payroll related matters
- Minimum of 5 (five) years experience with multi-province and both unionized and non-unionized payroll
- Successful completion of Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation (PCP)
- Experience with SAP Finance and HR/payroll system and/or Peoplesoft payroll
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and the ability to work independently to deadlines
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to David Newark, Consultant, Information Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.