Lead Application Developer
Posted Date: 14/02/2022
Job ID: 9C138840214
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a Lead Application Developer based in Montreal, Quebec.
Reporting to the Product Manager, the Lead Developer will be responsible for managing and mentoring a team of application developers, leading the design, build, and management of the Mobile Application.
- Manage and mentor a team of application developers
- Collaborate on the design and delivery of mobile apps, web applications, and cloud-native services
- Participate in agile ceremonies and contribute to product evolution
- Make the team stronger by sharing your knowledge
- Help create exceptional user experiences
- Assist the Product Manager in recruiting and assembling the appropriate product development team
- Be creative in the solutions you provide, relying on team members as needed
- Enable the team’s ability to deliver quality, creating the winning conditions for team success
- Ensure developers in your team expand their knowledge
- Sustain your team’s performance, collecting and providing regular feedback
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings and guide developers
- Guide developers in defining and implementing their individual development plan
- Ensure team members are happy and thriving in their work
- Build a unique relationship with each member of your team
- Own the end-to-end technical solution
- Document each newly developed solution to assist in the deployment and ongoing support
- Manage assigned projects in a priority sequence to ensure deliverables are met on time and on budget
The Ideal Candidate:
- 10 or more years of experience as a developer
- 2 or more years of experience as a manager or leader of a development team
- College or University degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- French / English bilingual spoken and written (100% essential)
- Knowledge of one or more of the following languages and frameworks: React, TypeScript, .NET, C#, Web API, Swift
- Knowledge of Cloud services such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud services
- A commitment to building high-quality products and services
- A deep understanding of fundamental design concepts, object-oriented development (or functional development!), and an interest in could services
- Standing as a role model to team members
- Good interpersonal communication skills and an ability to build meaningful relationships
- Coaching skills that support individual development
- Interest for personal and professional growth—both your own and that of others
- An ability to put things in perspective, helping people consider situations from fresh angles
- Strong organizational skills, ease in juggling priorities to take swift action when required
- Autonomy and proactivity
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Chrys Platsis, Team Lead, Information Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.