Join a top employer and advance your career. David Aplin Group has partnered with a Toronto, ON-based company, a reputed consulting firm to hire an experienced Manager, Land Development on a full-time permanent basis.
As a key leader of the Community Development group, you will report directly to the VP of Community Development, managing a team of planners, engineers, and engineering technologists on the design and delivery of land development projects in Ontario.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- The overall management of approximately twenty-five (25) Planners, Engineers, and Engineering Technologists including overseeing small teams and groups, projects, and clients
- The management and oversight of key operational metrics including utilization, gross and net revenue, net profit, work in progress (WIP), and accounts receivable (AR)
- Program and Project Management of planning and development-related consulting services including scheduling, resource planning, management of internal and external members of Client and Project Teams, budgeting, and financial reviews
- Lead weekly and daily team meetings, as required, to manage the business including the implementation of corporate initiatives, workload planning, resource sharing, and training requirements
- Work closely with the Manager of Professional Surveying Services and the VP of Community Development on the growth of the division and on all strategic corporate initiatives for the company
- Business Development Initiatives and Client Service Management including building and maintaining key client relations by providing quality, transparent planning, and land development service deliverables and project management
- Assist in recruitment and staff retention as it relates to growing the group and following strategic initiatives
- Review, and contribute to work proposals and responses to requests for proposals
- Working, coordinating, and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of land development and other professionals including Civil Engineers, Technologists, Surveying Professionals, Planners, and others within the Community Development Division at MP and elsewhere
- Completion of a university degree in engineering or planning or a related discipline
- Registered Professional Engineer (P. Eng) or Registered Professional Planner (RPP) and a Full Member of the Canadian Institute of Planners (MCIP)
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in planning, engineering, or land development approvals, preferably within the private sector (or demonstrated equivalent) and within Eastern ON
- Strong communication skills including client management
- Operations experience including the management and oversight of engineering and planning professionals, including invoicing, collections, budgeting, and workload planning
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Familiarity with the work of other disciplines (civil engineering, surveying, environmental engineering, geotechnical, etc.) typically involved in land development in Ontario
- Knowledge and experience in the Eastern ON land development market including the Ottawa area and its stakeholders
- Consulting experiences are a must
Job ID: 9S840457714
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com