Posted Date: 23/03/2022
Job ID: 9M46661323
Engineering & Technical
Join a top employer and advance your career. David Aplin Group has partnered with our client, a leader in their field, hire a Geotechnical Engineer located in Saskatchewan with field experience in geotechnical projects along with project management and client relations aptitude.
- Act as a key geotechnical resource.
- Lead/manage geotechnical investigations and assessments.
- Conduct geotechnical field investigations and monitoring of construction activities.
- Analyze and prepare recommendations and reports for projects relating to foundation design, slope stability, road structure design, dikes and dams, materials testing, and other geotechnical-related projects.
- Communicate effectively with other senior staff within the team.
- Write competitive proposals and work plans.
- Understand materials testing objectives to support geotechnical investigation and design recommendations.
- Provide guidance and troubleshooting for quality control testing and performance of earthworks such as structural fill compaction and excavations.
- Partner with colleagues to work on each other’s projects and cross-sell services.
- Some projects and sites may be located in other parts of the province, and you may be required to travel for site inspections, site investigations and construction projects.
- Contribute to the development of complex project proposals/cost estimates and participate in the process of securing new business opportunities or expanding the scope of existing projects.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with new and existing clients, field personnel, government and regulatory agencies and expand the internal network.
- Contribute to the overall strategic development of the Geoscience & Materials Practice, including growth, profitability and supporting the development of new processes, services, geographies and client sectors.
- Provide technical expertise and/or direction, and act as a technical advisor to project teams and/or other technical staff within the organization as well as directly with internal and external clients.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Geotechnical Engineering with a P.Eng. designation.
- Minimum of 7-10 years relevant industry experience, since graduation, in geotechnical engineering-related services.
- Eligible for registration with APEGS.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with new clients.
- Proven organizational, team building, proposals and technical writing skills, and excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Valid Canadian driver’s license with a clean driver abstract.
- Must be able and willing to travel for project work away from the home office.
Job ID: 9M46661323
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com