Geoscience Project Manager (Landfill)
Posted Date: 17/02/2022
Job ID: 9S40487217
Engineering & Technical
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has teamed up with our client to recruit a Landfill Geoscience Project Manager based in Ottawa, Ontario.
Our client, a reputable engineering consulting firm with numerous offices throughout Ontario is searching for a Landfill Geoscience Project Manager to be based in Ottawa. Reporting directly to the Director, Waste – Ontario Earth & Environment, this position will help deliver existing projects and develop new business opportunities. The team consists of a dynamic team of environmental engineers, geoscientists, engineers/geoscientists in training, and environmental technologists/technicians with strong technical skills and existing client relationships.
You will have the opportunity to manage and contribute to a variety of exciting waste management-related projects of varying size and complexity, along with the potential for exposure to projects in other areas of Earth & Environment, including hydrogeology (e.g., aggregates) and contaminated lands.
- You will manage and support projects related to landfill geoscience, including compliance monitoring and hydrogeologic studies. Ideally, you'll be experienced in:
- Hydrogeologic and hydrologic monitoring and assessments
- Landfill gas monitoring and assessments
- Preparation of annual compliance monitoring reports
- Technical and financial proposal preparation
- Project management
- You will prepare high-quality technical reports and accurately analyze and interpret analytical data
- You will prepare technical and financial proposals for both internal and external clients
- You will provide excellent client management support
- You will collaborate with other disciplines within the company with respect to multi-faceted / multi-disciplinary projects
- You may complete other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate:
- Post-secondary degree in environmental, geological, civil, or water resources engineering, geoscience, or related discipline
- Previous experience in a related discipline
- Previous experience successfully managing landfill compliance monitoring programs
- Licensed P.Eng / P.Geo or working toward a P.Eng / P.Geo
- Self-motivated, energetic, and well organized, with a demonstrated keen attention to detail
- Comfortable interacting with clients, contractors, other internal project managers, and the public
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and flexible to work on a wide variety of projects, tasks, and assignments, responding easily to changing priorities
- Previous experience in consulting would be an asset
- Willing to travel within Ontario as required
- Has a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage and hold a valid “G-Level” Ontario Driver's License
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Sushant Shah, Consultant, Engineering & Technical. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.