On behalf of our client, Payworks, the David Aplin Group is currently recruiting for the newly created role of Diversity Program Manager. This full-time permanent position will be based out of the Winnipeg office. Payworks is a leading workforce management solutions provider and a multi-year winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Diversity Program Manager will be responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging strategy (DEIB) along with the employee-led committee and other stakeholders.
Diversity Program Manager
The Diversity Program Manager is a champion for change who embodies and promotes empowerment, accountability, courage, and humility with a professional commitment to advocating for and addressing issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion while fostering inclusive behaviours. You are a leader who fosters inclusive behaviours and is looking to shape a corporate culture built on the cornerstone of treating others the way they want to be treated.
Payworks offers a progressive workplace culture where “Doing Right by People” is its core purpose. They offer comprehensive employer-paid benefits and a robust pension plan. Although this is a hybrid work model with flexible work options, the successful candidate must reside in the Winnipeg area, as they will be required to work from the office. Additionally, they offer cool perks such as an annual wellness subsidy, fitness classes, PTO to volunteer, and other fun office events.
What the role will entail:
- Setting clear objectives for the DEIB Program and working alongside Executives and the DEIB Committee to establish or reinforce desired short and long-term outcomes
- Supporting and evolving the existing DEIB strategy to meet and reflect the needs of employees, customers, and their respective communities
- Steering and empowering DEIB Committee Leads and providing consultative decision-making to ensure the completion of activities
- Researching, developing, recommending, and executing creative strategies to ensure the organization remains an employer of choice
- Providing guidance across departments to enhance recruitment strategies
- Practicing intentional thought leadership and staying ahead of diversity-related issues and best practices
- Acting as an internal advisor for situations or initiatives requiring diversity and inclusion lean
- Partnering with Learning and Development for training strategies that aid in continuous knowledge and awareness
- Analyzing statistical data and establishing benchmarks to ensure the effectiveness of DEIB programming
- Post-secondary education that supports DE&I in the workplace
- Professional certification in Adult Education and/or Change management
- 5+ years of experience turning strategic concepts into practical and meaningful action
- 5+ years of experience managing innovative programs and services, and mentoring and empowering others to share diverse perspectives
- Demonstrated experience building collaboration and understanding resources across various cultural backgrounds and communities
- Experience interacting and advocating for and with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and those with disabilities
- Proven track record of consultative decision-making, influencing, and inspiring at all organizational levels
- Strong presentation, collaboration, and communication skills
- Canadian Certified Inclusion Professional (CCIP) designation is an asset
If you are searching for an opportunity to make a difference, do not hesitate to get in touch with me.