Director of Technology Infrastructure
Posted Date: 02/03/2022
Job ID: 9D108858223
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a Director of Technology Infrastructure, based in Edmonton, AB.
The Director of Technology Infrastructure is responsible for directing and coordinating all activities related to the technology infrastructure, hardware, 3rd party software, security, and telecommunications within the organization. Also, the Director of Technology Infrastructure must be familiar with all policies, procedures and technical issues related to the technologies used, as well as be responsible for managing the activities of the infrastructure teams and coordinating with managed service providers.
A successful Director of Technology Infrastructure can drive productivity within the team and weigh diligent execution with a sense of urgency in order to meet company objectives. The Director of Technology Infrastructure must adapt their Leadership and Management style to meet the needs of each individual on the team.
- Direct the daily operations of the Technology Infrastructure and manage staff in the areas of network and infrastructure, applications and project management and desktop support
- Develop and execute a strategic business plan that supports the goals of the organization as it related to the IT infrastructure
- Develop and cultivate relationships with leadership and promote a collaborative approach to utilizing technology to help achieve business goals and objectives
- Develop and effectively manage infrastructure operating and capital budgets
Develop and manage technology policies and procedures
- Ensure the development, implementation and testing of a disaster recovery plan and Information security policies
- Evaluate existing and new and emerging technologies and collaborate with leadership and other staff to research, implement and maintain technology products
- Formulate and carry out company policies, objectives and programs for major divisions or functions
- Acquisition of efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and prepare requests to DTC as needed
- Work closely and foster relationships with 3rd party service vendors and online services
- Manage day-to-day activities of projects and staff; communicate with team to ensure project deliverables are on schedule
- Make decisions and communicate tradeoffs and risks, drive key decisions across projects
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization, and resource allocation
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science required, Master’s Degree in business or computer science is preferred
- Five plus years in a Senior Management role
- Information Technology management experience with proven ability to effectively lead and manage a productive team
- Knowledge of networking technologies, their implementation and design including IP management, Router configuration and management Wi-Fi, and VPN
- Experience in Cloud systems, setup and maintenance, ideally AWS
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail in order to analyze data
- Proven strategic leadership skills
- Proven knowledge relating technical issues to non-technical leadership and staff
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail
- Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required
- Action and results oriented
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
- Above average communication skills
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Deborah Dodd, Senior Partner. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.