C++ Trading Platform Engineer
Posted Date: 01/03/2022
Job ID: 9C51358731
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit for a C++ Trading Platform Engineer. This is a fully remote opportunity.
- Developing low latency trading algorithms for US Equities market in close coordination with the trade-strategy team
- Developing and maintaining large-scale, high-performance, robust software for management of high velocity and real time market data
- Developing applications and software components to be reused across multiple products
- Designing, developing and optimization of algorithms for quality & performance-optimized software development
- Contribute to architecture and technical design and implementation
- Developing and reviewing software requirements, designs, and test plans
- Documentation of existing and developing products
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Computer Engineering, or closely related field
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in C++
- Experience with large-scale, multi-threaded application development
- Experience designing APIs for consistency, simplicity, and extensibility
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented concept and design
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex problems
- Extensive experience with best practices in software development (code reviews, test automation/unit testing, version control)
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with working in both Linux and Windows environments
- Any prior experience working within automated trading industry or within the capital markets domain would be highly desirable
- Familiarity with Design Patterns
- Ability to read/understand Python
- Familiarity with understanding, refactoring, debugging large C++ code repositories
- Familiarity with Git, Visual Studio, JIRA
- Health Insurance for self & family
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Chrys Platsis, Team Lead, Information Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com. #LI-DNP *IND-DNP