Posted Date: 21/03/2022
Job ID: 9D550786321
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a talented Business Analyst on a 2-year remote contract.
This successful candidate will use recognized business analysis techniques to understand the organization’s business users’ usage of various datasets and validate and help deliver on the organization’s business users’ requests around data availability and changes.
- Participate in end-user support around proper usage of the organization’s data repository (find the data, link to the warehouse, navigate business intelligence (BI) tools, etc.)
- Understand the organization’s data architecture to provide adequate support to users in configuring their various BI tools
- Work alongside business users and identified scrum team lead to establish guidelines around data changes and management
- Support all phases of change implementation requested by the users (unit test definition, execution, and production deployment)
- Work on identifying relationships and potential patterns in available data sets
- Use best practices of Agile methodology within the development team, as required
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external clients
- Other activities and deliverables, as required
- University degree or College Diploma in IT, Project Management, Business Analysis, or a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of demonstrated experience in business analysis
- Demonstrated work experience in application development and systems integration as a business analyst
- Knowledge of structured analysis techniques and development tools as applied to business processes, automated systems, and workflow analysis
- Demonstrated experience working within a financial market environment
- Ability to make sound decisions and recommend appropriate solutions by gathering information across various platforms
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of financial data and knowledge and/or experience in Python scripting
- Experience with development tools such as Tableau, Power BI, and Qlik would be considered a strong asset
- Demonstrated experience with data models and reporting packages
- The ability to acquire an Enhanced Security Clearance is required
Job ID: 9D550786321
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com