If you are a talented and experienced Building Engineer, Sushant Shah, Consultant at David Aplin Group has partnered with a British Columbia-based company to lead their next search for the position of Division Manager, Buildings Engineering on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will provide direction and leadership to the Mechanical and Structural staff within the Buildings Engineering Division. The central focus of this Division is to provide building engineering and advisory services throughout B.C. and in collaboration with other offices. The Division services a diverse client sector including industrial clients, public sector clients such as Indigenous, Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Governments, contractors, architects, and other engineering companies.
As the Buildings Engineering Division Manager, and as a business sector leader, the successful candidate must be able to: (1) clearly articulate the needs of buildings projects, (2) instill technical confidence in both clients, regulator stakeholder groups, and staff; and (3) possess a credible understanding of the buildings sector.
- Providing operational management encompassing all aspects of market development including identifying business opportunities, developing a marketing plan for the area of practice, and organizing and executing business development initiatives
- Ensuring the Division's financial objectives are achieved through developing a yearly business plan for the area of practice, including identifying and preparing a summary of priority prospects that best reflect revenue potential
- Delivering outstanding service to clients by ensuring the successful planning, designing, and managing of projects
- Reviewing proposals prospects to ensure that the projects are within the Company's capabilities and that risks are minimized in accordance with our Strategic Plan
- Ensuring that all engineering work is carried out in accordance with accepted industry standards, company procedures, and client expectations
- Supporting Group and Project Managers with project execution, resource allocation, and risk management
- Monitoring and optimizing the use of staff across the Division to ensure ongoing utilization targets are achieved
- Selecting, hiring staff and developing their career path focused on technical leadership, project management, client management, or a combination thereof based on their demonstrated capability and career interests
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Registered, or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with EGBC as a P.Eng
- 12+ years of experience in design, engineering, construction, and management of which a minimum of 5 years is in a consulting capacity
- Project management of industrial and multi-discipline projects
- Consulting and/or professional experience in B.C. is an asset
- Experience in business development in both private and public sectors
- Experience in liaising with clients, contractors, and other consultants
- Experience in coaching and mentoring staff
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Committed team player and an independent worker
- Ability to travel across Canada
- Possess a valid driver's license
Job ID: 9S825564520
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com #LI-DNP#IND-DNP