David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit an Azure Security Engineer who will be responsible for the improvement of the organization’s cyber security posture by providing technical subject management expertise (SME) relating to the definition and implementation of security architecture for a defensible environment and embedding controls in the business and IT processes. This is a permanent role available to candidates in the Calgary area.
- Lead the design and implementation of foundational Azure & Office 365 security services encompassing hybrid infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS, and On-Premises), endpoints and devices, identity and access management, security operations, SaaS, and information protection
- Research, design, and advocate new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for UFA, its customers, and business partners
- Design and implement the automation of security tools and processes, including policy sets (e.g., Conditional Access), blueprints, and security incident response
- Support projects and programs by reviewing planned technical architectures and performing security design reviews, threat risk modeling, and/or architectural risk reviews to ensure that controls that balance security and operability are implemented in new and existing solutions
- Define reference architecture and design patterns to guide cyber-security decisions and solutions, and the establishment of a defensible environment
- Manage complex architectural designs, and ensure the full documentation of security designs, as-built architectures, and operational processes through clear diagrams and well-written documents
- University degree or post-secondary diploma in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
- 8+ years of cyber or IT experience with at least 5 years in a senior technical cloud (Azure/Microsoft Security Services) security architecture or engineering role
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing Azure Security & Microsoft 365 security services including:
Hybrid Infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS, On-Premises) Security. e.g. Microsoft Defender for Cloud, Azure Firewall, Azure Web Application Firewall (WAF), Azure Zero-Trust Networking (ZTN) Security Services
Extended Detection & Response (XDR) – Microsoft Sentinel, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, and Microsoft Defender for Office 365.
Identity & Access Management. e.g., Azure AD, Conditional Access, Microsoft Defender for Identity, Microsoft Identity Protection, Azure AD PIM.
- Platform-specific security certifications such as Azure Security Engineer Associate, Azure Solutions Architect, and/orM365 Certified Security Administrator
- Hands-on experience with automation of Azure/Microsoft 365 policy sets, blueprints, and security incident response (PowerShell Script, JSON, Microsoft Graphs, Azure DevOps)
- Extensive knowledge of architectural threat modeling, cyber security reference, and design patterns development
- Strong working knowledge of security architectures in a hybrid cloud environment
Job ID: JZ916126059
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com