If you are a talented and experienced Automation & Controls Engineer, Gezamin Manuel, Recruitment Consultant at David Aplin Group has partnered with a leading company in print-on-demand and pack line automation systems.
The Automation & Controls Engineer will be responsible for the design of machine control software and the programming of automation systems. You will be required to design a variety of SCADA systems (both PLC and PC-based), conveyance systems, and various other process devices and systems connected to Core Machine products.
You will use your training and knowledge of industrial control systems and database design interfacing with their client’s WMS, WCS, and ERP systems while applying safety guidelines, security standards, and codes to maintain a high level of reliability that meets or exceeds all current national and regional requirements.
- You will be required to design a variety of SCADA systems (both PLC and PC-based), conveyance systems, and various other process devices and systems connected to the Core Machine products
- You will use your training and knowledge of industrial control systems and database design interfacing client’s WMS, WCS, and ERP systems while applying safety guidelines, security standards, and codes to maintain a high level of reliability that meets or exceeds all current national and regional requirements
- Analyze the processes of the assigned facility
- Identify shortcomings that could be opened by automation
- Design systems that can automate processes
- Maintain and repair systems
- Inspect systems to ensure they meet safety regulations
- Create PLC and HMI Programming from scratch
- Configure and verify control system network security standards
- PLC, HMI, and drive system programing
- Provide timely updates to project managers for progress against scope, schedule, and budget
- Work on WMS integration with control system while ensuring availability, integrity and confidentiality are aligned with IEC 62443 Standards
- Product selection for Industrial Control system and IT infrastructure to support secure remote connection to on-site control system
- 5 to 10 years of experience as an Automation/Controls Engineer
- Experience in WMS / MES and knowledge in IEC 62443 Standards
- High level of proficiency in Ignition Software - HMI/ SCADA, PLCs, combined with Phyton, C++, Java, SQL programming skills
- Analytical Person who can work alone or in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoys providing excellent client service and has a passion for providing technical solutions
Job ID: 9M92687969
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com